Sunday 20 January 2019

'Under the White Sun' - Printing at LCC

As Jane had become ill over and had to take a break for personal reasons I thought it was best to take on the role as head of the department. I feared that the communication between the group had gotten very sparse and I realised I had no idea what anyone else had done/was doing.

I found the graphics list (below) from the Google Drive and went through all the uploaded graphics so far, noting down how much we had left to complete before shooting.


Above: Graphics Checklist

After going through the list I messaged the group and updated the team on what needed doing before the deadline date which I had set as the Thursday before the first shoot day on the following Monday. This would give me Friday to go into LCC and organise with Seb what he wanted printing, quantities and sizes. Below is a list he wrote out for me on the day.


RECEIPTS FROM COLOURED PAPER & PRINT CREDIT


Graphics ready to be dressed in the bar set

Organising and printing the graphics was quite a demanding task. I had never used LCC's printing room before and Seb was too busy to show me around, plus he had never used the room himself. I felt a little uncomfortable about being in this situation in an unfamiliar environment but I knew I had to get it done. I went in and the staff working there were lovely and very helpful which put me at ease. I was waiting in a queue for a printer for over an hour at the end of the day, I was exhausted but after seeing the positive responses from the film team I felt quite proud of myself for overcoming one of my fears. Asking for help is something I really struggle with and working on these projects have helped me get over that just a little bit more.



No comments:

Post a Comment