Tuesday 22 January 2019

"Sweet Changling" - Washing Machine

Sorrel and I were put in charge of making the washing machine for the shot looking out from the inside.
Sorrel found a washing machine door in the tip over the holidays and after our first meeting back we decided to get started on constructing something that would allow the camera team to shoot looking through the door.
I started by looking up photos of what it looks like from the angle the shot would be.


Above photos from Google Images
Then I drew up some designs. Luckily our washing machine door had the hinges still so the task wouldn't be too difficult.


 We showed these design ideas to Ashleigh, the technician in woodwork. We were told it would cost about £11.13 and we immediately started working on it. Ashleigh was a great help and I have learned how to use so many more tool in the making of this. I really wanted to get more confident using the machines in woodwork as it is definitely useful to have this knowledge when designing in the future. After completing this I saw that Woodwork are holding some Technical Skills sessions over February and I booked a session as I thought this would be an invaluable lesson.


I covered around the hole in metal tape so that you couldn't see the MDF if the door was opened. Ideally, we would put some sort of rubber seal there but you wouldn't really notice and we didn't have the time.
However, I think the finished thing looks good enough for the shot they want as its only a quick shot. Plus when we showed them they thought it looked amazing. So I guess that's just my critical eye telling me to make it as realistic as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment