Friday 18 January 2019

'Under The White Sun' - Graphics

GRAPHICS

I emailed 'Under The White Sun' about working on the graphics in this film as this is something I was interested in developing as it was something I think I already have an eye for.

After our initial meeting we created a group chat so that we could discuss ideas, keep updated and on target throughout the Christmas break.

I wish I had more time during the holidays to work on the graphics but unfortunately I had my contextual studies work to do and I prioritised this over any LCC Collaboration work. On top of this I was working on the graphics for 'One Night' so I felt pretty swamped.

Sebastian Chan (Production Designer) had created a folder on the google drive with existing posters for us to use as inspiration for the style of poster he wanted from us. The following are the ones I used as inspiration.




I wanted to create a poster with the colours and shapes presented in these two posters. I thought about the kind of posters you see in a bar and that started to get me thinking about 'Happy Hour' posters.

Left: Happy Hour poster. Google Images
Right: My Happy Hour poster
I added Seb's CSEC logo to the bottom to make the graphics more coherent with the rest of the film.

The second poster I made was inspired by a poster (left) I had found when doing some research into the rising sun. I wanted to create something that incorporated the iconic symbol from the old Japanese flag.

Left: Google Images
Right: My poster

I used Adobe Illustrator to create both of my posters. I had used Illustrator a lot on my Foundation course but not much since then. I was a bit rust and had forgotten a lot of the tools and what I was able to do but after some googling and checking the DMC website I was able to figure it out enough to do what I had wanted.

I am quite proud of how my posters turned out and was delighted to find that Seb and the team really liked them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment