Monday 10 December 2018

Winter Wonderland Photoshoot

I was asked by a second year costume student to model a jacket she had made. This isn't something I would normally volunteer for but I thought it could be fun. I offered Natalia the use of my DSLR as she wasn't sure her friend could lend her one. We went to Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park. I already felt self-conscious just thinking about wearing the costume here with so many people around to see.

I had never modelled for anything before so I felt a bit silly and also suddenly very conscious of where my limbs were and my facial expression. This made it hard to 'act natural'.





This last photo came out with an interesting dreamy haze. My lens was getting a lot of condensation build up because it had just come from the freezing cold ice sculpture room. I think I like this photo the best, to me it feels like it could be from a fairytale and I think that is the look Natalia had wanted to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment