Friday 17 November 2017

Transforming a location: Surveying

Surveying my space took a lot longer than I thought it would as there are a lot of small details that stick out and needed measuring. Plus the stairs, bridge, windows and doors all needed extra measurements. Kerry and Paul showed us a good trick to getting high up measurements with the tape measure which came in handy for the guttering and moulding.
Initially I got the overall space recorded, the length of the walls and where the door and windows were in relation, however I ended up having to go back a few times to remeasure as I was getting the measurements I'd recorded confused. Next time I will try record my measurements more clearly and neatly as this would help speed up the technical drawing stage massively. Also I discovered how important it is to have appropriate layers on when surveying an outside location, the weather conditions were not the nicest and it was really cold which made it difficult to focus.



No comments:

Post a Comment