Thursday 16 November 2017

The Jonathan Ross Show

Yesterday me and a group of other Production Arts students went to be in the audience of The Jonathan Ross Show which we had applied for through sro audiences. The security checks were set to start at 5.30pm however I knew from a past experience and second hand knowledge from my Dad that we should arrive a lot earlier if we wanted a shot at getting in. We aimed to be there at 4pm just to be safe and ended up queuing at about 4.30pm, it still shocks me how large the queues can get. After a lot of waiting we got into the studio and realised we only made it in by maybe 10-15 people.

The show lasts about an hour on TV but they filmed for about three in the studio. It was interesting to see how they edited it down to make it the appropriate length. I also enjoyed watching the camera operators and how they moved around the set and flicked between cameras.

Overall it was a very insightful experience into the making of a TV show but I probably wouldn't see Jonathan Ross again as it wasn't my cup of tea. I will definitely apply for more shows in the future though as I think its great to see the production process behind the scenes plus its really fun to watch live.


No comments:

Post a Comment