Monday 28 January 2019

'Sweet Changeling' - Set Dressing

I helped dress the sets in both locations. My job was to wallpaper the walls in the bedroom set and dining room set. Ana Castanedo told us about a trick for wallpapering on walls so that it comes off easily and without damage.
  1. First we made a grid with masking tape on the wall
  2. Next we stuck double sided tape over the masking tape
  3. Then we peeled off the back of the double-sided and carefully applied the wallpaper strips
This wasn't as easy as it sounds, it was hard to get the wallpaper straight against the wall and to not create lumps in the paper. As I was the only tall person in our group I was the only one who could reach high enough up the wall. Therefore I became a sort of wallpaper master and I could probably do it with my eyes shut now.
The videos below show a timelapse of this process in both locations. They're also 360° videos so feel free to move around to see how the space changes!


No comments:

Post a Comment