Thursday 29 November 2018

'Under the White Sun' - Initial Meeting

'Under the White Sun' is a film about a dystopian future where people over a certain age pay life tax and the world is managed by an aggressive organisation called CSEC. The genre for this film is Sci-Fi and influences included Blade Runner (1982) and The Matrix (1999). I personally felt their script was reminiscent of Logan's Run (1976).

I emailed 'Under the White Sun' about working on the graphics as this is something I was interested in developing as I feel I already have an eye for it. Plus from the examples of their inspirations in the pitch I could tell this would be a fun and creative project. The Production Designer in their team, Sebastian Chan, responded promptly to my email saying they would love for me to help out.
I was one of a few people doing graphics work for the film so I was confident it wasn't going to be too demanding. Jane was our head of department and would be in charge of keeping us on track and informed.

Initial Meeting Notes

The notes below are from our first meeting and a production design tutorial we had with Francis Boyle at LCC. He was incredibly helpful in making clear to the film students what he thought was possible for us as an Art Dept to do and coming up with solutions to possible issues whilst raising others.


After our initial meeting, we created a Facebook messenger group so that we could discuss ideas, keep updated and on target throughout the Christmas break.

No comments:

Post a Comment