Saturday 29 September 2018

Highgate Cemetery

"Highgate Cemetery has some of the finest funerary architecture in the country. It is a place of peace and contemplation where a romantic profusion of trees, memorials and wildlife flourish." - Highgate Cemetery Website

I had been wanting to visit the cemetery since I moved to London but had never found the time or someone willing to come with me. The cemetery is split into east and west, the west is the oldest section, originally opening in 1839.

We found out that the new Fantastic Beasts movie had filmed in the cemetery and even features in the trailer. I myself had thought it'd be a beautiful location to shoot a film or even replicate.








We decided to sit and draw some of the statues in the east cemetery and it really did feel peaceful there. I found the history of the cemetery and some of the people within it fascinating.


No comments:

Post a Comment