Friday, 19 August 2016

Summer Adventures: Durham

Durham's a city that I don't have any memory of visiting ever, but I'm told that I'd been when I was younger. When thinking of some place to visit with my friend we decided to go. Although I later discovered there isn't very much to do in Durham for two young people, it's a place your grandparents would take you for a day out... well mine would at least! Granddad I'm thinking of you!
But we'd managed to turn the day into a crazy adventure somehow anyway, lets just say we can be a bit silly when we go out.
First we went to the cathedral which was pretty cool but the reason I was interested was because I wanted to see the Lego model of the cathedral that they had there, totally mature adult right here! It was pretty cool actually and I felt like I had to see it on my sisters behalf as she's obsessed with Lego (she's 11 so I guess that's more acceptable haha).
After that we went to find a place to eat which for some reason is always the longest and most difficult decision we have to make because neither of us are at all fussy about food. The conversation will always go along the lines of "well where do you fancy going? I'm not fussy about where we go."
"Oh I don't really mind either. I'll go wherever" and then that normally goes on for quite a while!
In the afternoon we went out on the river in a row boat which was a lot of fun. I think we were probably the noisiest people on the river; playing music and shouting every time I crashed or he got water in the boat (which was a lot... we were soaked)! We got some odd stares but I just think that made it even funnier to be honest and with that we discovered that maybe our rowing could use a little improvement... we're not Olympic ready yet! But I was definitely the better rower ;P


After that somewhat exhausting experience we ended up just sitting down in the centre and nattering about anything and everything, when we finally decided to look in some shops we realised that they'd all started closing which is just typical. So we just headed home and stop off at pizza hut on the way.

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading about your trip! Love the way you wrote about it :)

    Maria
    http://immariav.blogspot.com.co/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! It's nice to know that what I'm writing isn't just jibberish haha! :) x

      Delete
  2. I've never been to Durham, there are so many places out there in the UK that I would love to visit! Haha I went on those trips with my grandparents too :D my Gma loves the cathedrals! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry I hadn't seen your comment until now! There are so many places I'd love to visit still in the UK too and I can't wait until I can explore abroad. Grandparents are the best for visiting historical places it would seem haha. xx

      Delete