Thursday, 21 January 2016

Goodbye 2015 ~ Hello 2016

I realise that January is coming to an end soon and this post would have been more appropriate a couple of weeks ago but I'd still like to share with you my hopes and ambitions for this New Year.


This year I want to achieve the highest grades I can to prove to myself that hard work does payoff. I'm the kind of person who will punish myself for not reaching their potential and last year I felt I could have tried harder and I was left a little disappointed with some of my results. So this year I want to put sweat, blood and tears (well hopefully not many tears) into my college work! Which unfortunately also means that from now until the end of June I'll be quite quiet on my blog as work will surely flood in and drown me a little *closes eyes and thinks of summer*.

When I think back to this time last year it all seems like a bit of a blur, but I do remember being rather unhappy. I think this is probably because I distanced myself from friends at college and tended not to talk to many people for no reason in particular. However at the start of the new school year I'd made it my mission to talked to more people and I have actually made some lovely friends which I'm sure will stick with me for many years to come. One thing I cannot wait for is more of our "Road Trips" together, they usually just consist of driving out to get lunch but they always create the best memories.

I'm hoping that this year I will officially make up my mind about furthering my studies and apply to go to university at the end of the year (scariest thought ever!) whether it ends up being something creative or academic I'm quite excited at the idea of university.

Then there's that one annoying resolution that almost everyone has... to be more healthy. Except I don't mean I want to start going to the gym or on a run (two things I've never done in my life!), I mean I want to start eating better, get out more on walks whether small or large and generally treat my body better than I have done over the last couple of years.

I hope everyone's 2016 will be bright and happy! Also let me know if there's something you're looking forward to about the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment