Thursday, 27 August 2015

Fruity Smoothies: Mixed Fruit

Quite often I find that having a smoothie in the morning can make me feel more awake and ready for the day. So I thought I would show you some of the fruit mixes I do on a regular basis.

This smoothie contains the following:
  • Orange
  • Pineapple
  • Apple
  • Blueberries
  • Red Currents
  • 1/2 Lime
So to make sure my smoothies are cold I use frozen fruit and this time I decided to use a ready mix fruit salad bag as well as Red Currents and Blueberries. I find it's easier to buy these bags of fruit and then choose the fruit you want from the bags, rather than buying fresh fruit and freezing it yourself.


The Red currents have quite a sharp bitter taste which I like as its subtle when mixed with the rest. I also added half a lime just to give it a bit of extra flavour.



Normally I use juice, such as cranberry or orange but as we didn't have any in I just used filtered water. If you want to make the smoothie a bit more health you can add yogurt and oats or milk etc... to make it more substantial.


Once its blended all together and all the lumps have been whizzed you're ready to pour it into a glass and drink you fruity creation!


Let me know if you'd like to see more posts like this & what kind of smoothies you like to drink!

2 comments:

  1. Yum yum yummy! This looks tasty. I love a good fruit smoothie to start the day. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that smoothie maker! Love making smoothies xxx
    heyitscassxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete